Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Cancelled Christmas Follow-Up



Funny I should use a clip from A Town Called Panic when I wrote last about the drive at work to revise documents that had just been released after extensive review.

Because Christmas is not cancelled, though I have seen a lot of wish-listing and catalog-searching as I worked on revisions this week, just as this new clip shows. We’re revising documents! Time to check to make sure everything including the kitchen sink is in there, even if we removed the sink at the last revision!

But it’s not that bad. Just little stuff, not extensive rewrites. Well, one extensive re-ordering, but not a re-write.

I’m just glad I casually found out yesterday they want to use the procedures in full next Monday – nobody was going to tell me that otherwise, apparently. Most of the time, they think I can read minds. I have to remind them I’m too lazy to do that.

I have to give the people I work with credit – once they decide on a new direction, they go quickly to implement it and everyone is happy with the world. Even me, as I sit here on an early Wednesday morning with only minor pushing to do to get the reviews completed.

This means I should have a quiet rest of the week. Though I’m not going to tell anyone that, lest they suddenly pour on the changes. Yeah. I should not have said that. I can feel the tidal wave coming . . .

No comments: