Tuesday, February 13, 2018

"Can’t Make A Move Without A Form"


I feel a bit like Tuttle this week.

Over the weekend, filled out our federal taxes. After three rejections and fixes (mostly for minor issues) I got the taxes submitted, with a refund on the way.

I know – celebrating I’m getting a little bit of my money back, even though less than we’d hoped, as one of our kids has aged out of the dependent tax deduction even though he’s still living with us and costing us plenty.

Also got us within one step of having same said child’s application to Brigham Young University-Idaho completed (more on that later).

Also, revised a FAFSA form, already submitted, now that FAFSA and the IRS’ websites agreed to talk to each other, though our home internet service, which still wants to randomly crap out on my computer* tried to throw another snake into the works.

Also started same child on a scholarship application which, if all goes well, could be submitted this evening if all the paperwork has come in. Mercifully, this one has had a lot less paperwork than anything else we’ve done in recent memory.

Then today, got the state taxes ready to go – another refund, much smaller this time around – and got the BYU-I application sorted out. I don’t know if my call got them to ferret the last of the dual enrollment transcripts out of the file pile or if it had just coincidentally arrived this morning, but the button is now READY TO BE PUSHED. That should happen once said child is out of school, or I get home.

There are other applications to sort out, of course. Not looking forward to them. Because paperwork, it’ll kill ya. Tuttle knows.

And this is outside the regular paper-pushing I do at my full-time job. And at my part-time job, ho help me.

*The home internet, while working wildly better than it has in the past, is still a bit hinky. But less so.

No comments: