Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Do I Suck or Does the Suit Suck?



Mrs. Lancaster, do you ever have deja-vu?

I don’t know. But I can check with the kitchen.

Doleful Creatures keeps percolating. But right now, I’m at the Bowling Alley of Despair stage, where I’m not sure anything will come of my efforts.

And then I have to ask myself, “What efforts?”

I’ve percolated. I’ve tinkered. But not really done much of anything with the book.

Part of me thinks, with the new ideas that’ve come, that I need to start over. Abandon the 100,000 words I have on the page and start fresh.

That could work.

But is it true that none of the effort in the past few years matters? I have to think it’s wrong to say that.

Then again, maybe it is wasted effort. I cannot dismiss the possibility that I suck rocks.

No comments: