Sunday, November 18, 2018

"I Think it Says 'Fragile,' Honey."


Back when we switched our clocks off Daylight Saving Time, I had to replace a battery in the clock that hangs in the stairwell. I succeeded at that mission, but:

1. Did not notice the clock was dusty
2. Left two distinct finger streaks in the dust.

So tonight, my wife asked me to go dust the clock. I dutifully complied and re-hung the clock, which immediately fell off the nail, bounced down the stairs and shattered at the bottom.

I salvaged the battery -- the only functioning part of the now defunct clock -- and told my wife I'd take the rest outside to bury next to the garage.

When I came back in from the trash can, she had Alexa playing Taps, and asked if we had any glue.

I was always jealous of that clock.

No comments: