Thursday, November 8, 2018

Re: That Previous Post; or, “But I’m Feeling Much Better Now”

Clearly, whatever is ailing me at the moment bubbled to the surface, viz. But thanks to Night Court, I’ve got a catchphrase that should put some reassurance into your heads, if you forget it’s coming from man recently released from a psychiatric institution:





It’s stress. I’m dealing with the stress right now. It’s part of my long-term strategy of becoming Wally. Or an early death, whichever comes first.


The source of said stress? Legion:

1. Full-time job. Remember the Big Failure from a while back?  It kind of revisited under a different form, but that, too, appears to be on the mend. And there was a drill today that I had little time to prepare for, but that’s over.

2. Part-time job. Which is what I do, or at least which is what it feels like I do, whenever I’m not at the full-time job.

3. Church. That explains the previous post quite a bit, in vague and scary terms. But I’m coming to grips with things better now, as Buddy might say. Also Liam is preparing for his mission call. We had a visit with LDS Family Services about a week ago, in which we discussed his position on the autism spectrum. I personally think he’d struggle on a teaching mission. But we’ll see where the Lord decides to send him. At least this is something completely out of my hands. Then I have my own inadequacies, to which I’m slowly getting a fix on how to fix.

4. Schedule. I’m always a bit discombobulated when the days shorten and I get a lot less sun in my eyeballs. With the passing of Daylight Saving Time, that means I’m full into the phase when I get up before the sun rises and don’t get home until after it sets. That piles on the stress.

5. Book. Doleful Creatures still calls to me. I have no idea how to fix it.

So that all kinda came to a head when that last post hit. Which is fine; it shouldn’t be all good news that comes to the surface. There are struggles that all of us go through.

No comments: