Monday, July 10, 2023

Siding Continues, and the Elbow's Feeling Much Better, TYVM.



Finally got that angle above the garage finished, meaning everything I could start from the ground is finished. That's a good thing.

Also good is that the front upper portion of the house is prepped to receive, including getting all the trim around the windows done. One challenge I'm facing is that I'm out of the blue J-channel, so I have to decide if I want to try to scrounge some up, or just use the white J-channel I can find at Home Cheapo. I know of one local distributor, so maybe I'll try them out. I'll have to see if they'll sell it to me by the stick, rather than by the case, because I'd rather not have to buy a full case of it. But that might have to be the way to go.

This effort, of course, is coinciding with the hottest weather we've had all summer. I either have to go out really early in the morning (which is fine, as I'm the only one home right now since the rest of them are at scout camp, but I like a lie-in) or I have to go out later in the day when the house is casting a shadow over itself and I'm not baking my brains out in the heat. Either way, it's not pleasant. The only reason I got the front stripped was that they all were here on the Fourth of July so I had a little help getting it all taken down.

What's also a bit of good news is that my right elbow, which started to act up a few weeks ago and was making cutting siding painful or almost impossible, is finally on the mend. I'm not sure what I did to hurt it, but I think it's some kind of carpal tunnel thing, as I've been doing a lot of awkward cutting and a lot of typing for my day job. I'm glad it's feeling better, as having it hurt really put the spoiler on doing anything with it. There was even a week or two I could hardly carry any weight on that arm at all, it was so sensitive.

No comments: