Wednesday, July 26, 2023

The Siding Project Continues Apace . . .



So after the elbow thing, it got really hot. Like into the 90s hot. Which was fine; that meant I could rest my elbow a bit longer. Tuesday night, however, I decided it was cool enough, and my elbow was healed enough that I could start again on the upper front of the house that Liam and I prepped way back on the Fourth of July.

I didn't get as far as I wanted to tonight as some of my siding slid off the roof into the front yard. I did not fall, but I decided by the time I got down to get more siding that I wasn't going to do any more siding tonight. I think I got the hard part done, getting that first layer on the bottom so I could go up both outer sides of the house. Started filling inbetwen the windows, but then I met the octagon window and the last of my siding fell off the roof, so I was done. I'm thinking eight or nine more pieces on the front and then I'm on to the side of the house, including the chimney.

But my right arm -- not the elbow -- is feeling a little funky, so I think I'm done typing tonight too.

 

No comments: