Friday, August 18, 2023

Bobblegom for Me

Storytime with Brian:

We just returned from a week-long road trip to the areas surrounding Olympic National Park.

I spent a good portion of that time fretting because I hadn't trimmed my toenails before we left.

My toenails are rather gnarly objects. Think Esqueletto in Nacho Libre as he's getting his pedicure (see video below). So it's no small thing, particularly to my aging socks, if I happen to have any snags or whatnot on my feet.

On occasion, when we were in tourist villages or the likes of Walmart, I'd be on the hunt for toenail clippers. But not just any toenail clippers -- I need the kind that are straight, not curved, because of how my toes work. I have very wide toenails, and the curved clippers leave me with an attractive, yet appalling scalloped look.

Friends, a good pair of toenail clippers cannot be had for love nor money in the Pacific Northwest. Oh, each store I visited had a peg for them, but they were never there, as if an entire fleet of middle-aged, toenail-conscious straight clippers were vacationing en masse in the area and I was one of the latecomers.

So first thing this morning, well, after I unclogged the sink and tub drains, I got out my precious pair of straight toenail clippers and did the chore I should have done before we left.

Let this be some kind of lesson to you.



No comments: