Monday, August 28, 2023

Don't Start with Me, Starter


This is how I spent a good portion of my weekend -- helping our youngest son replace the starter on his Ford Expedition.

I've never done something like this before; he's the auto tinkerer. He's never done it before either, but a few months of hanging out with a gearhead friend convinced him it's something he wants to try, and I'm there to support him in that.

My job consisted of:

1. Fetching things.
2. Buying needed tools.
3. Weeding the nearby potentilla (thus the gardening trowel) until I was needed for either 1 or 2.


There's the naughty one.

Thing is, once the new starter was in place, it chose not to work, so we ended Saturday in defeat.

He, however, did not give up. He spent a lot of time online looking at things and then Sunday afternoon, success: Had it going. He figured out his shift lever may be wearing out and while in park may have been sending the signal it wasn't in park. He did get things going, and is now looking forward (I think) to fixing his shift lever.


I'm just glad he didn't give up.

 

No comments: