Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Drilled

I had to go out to RWMC today for a drill -- making that long trek out to the desert for I think only the second time this year.

They didn't offer a firm time for the drill, so I drove out first thing in the morning. I started looking for a turnaround office where I could work until the drill started, but thought I'd stop by my old cubicle first. It was empty, still had my name on the wall, and had a network cable, so I set up shop.

I probably shouldn't have. It was very dusty and I found some rodent droppings. But the drill started shortly after 8 am, so it didn't matter much.

I did reclaim a few personal posessions I left there back in 2020:


I did leave the newer sign hanging on the outside of the cubicle, but took this old one home.

Also this, which is ironic, as we'll be back at Wall Drug next week:


The drill went OK. I'm a little rusty in my position, but there are some counterintuitive things I had failed to remember with this bit of software I use. It doesn't make sense how they've set it up. Well, in a way it does, but in a way it doesn't.


No comments: