Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Oh, for the Love of Corn, Facebook.

It started innocently enough, with an admonition that I get a life when I noted the only thing I did for fun yesterday was clean the gutter and sidewalk in front of the house.

But then, as things do occasionally on Facebook, it took a left turn.

It's best to illustrate with pictures.


Here's the reason for Dennis' test:


I don't know what they objected to. The words? My cropping? The red circle I drew around the unrepaired damage to Homer's foundation?

I'm at a loss to explain it.

Dennis sums up the situation perfectly, hence the title of this post:


I'm sure they've got artificial intelligence involved in this -- their "naughty boy" message was instantaneous with me clicking post. But there is no explanation of how this goes against community standards. Or what those standards are. Or how those standards can allow scam crypto ads and fake links that lead one to scam computer repair links to remain. Oh, because they're getting *paid* for those . . . 

Update: I forgot to share the entire jpg I was sharing along with my pearl-clutching comment, in case that it what offended:



No comments: