Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Demons out!


In the morning sun,
‘bout seven o’clock,
The parking lot fills ‘round Toys R Us.
And my little girl, she will get away.
Ride her bike down Toddler Highway.
Take your Close’n’Play.
Toddler Highway.

I’ve had this TMBG song going through my head all morning. I’ve discovered by writing it down somewhere, I can occasionally get it out of my head. Or reinforce the endless loop I have going through my brain until memory cells begin to die.

I wasn’t too sure about the lyrics. So I searched for them on the web and found these. Then I wasn’t so sure about the Close’n’Play. So I searched for it. Found this:

http://www.feelingretro.com/toys/Misc-Toys/close-n-play-phonograph.php

Should today’s alternate music loopheads be concerned that they’re getting their alternative music from people who are (gasp) approaching 50?

Maybe fans of the Johns aren’t that shallow. I like to believe that. So I suppose in the cosmic sense, this all makes sense. I refused, however, to spell Highway as “Hiway.” That is an abomination.

I used to have one of these, and rode around on it in the front yard in just my underwear. I was five or six. I have photographic evidence that will not be shared here.

http://www.feelingretro.com/toys/Ride-On-Toys/inch-worm.php

Song is still going through my head. I really liked those brain cells. . .

No comments: