Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock. . .

Went home feeling pretty down last night. Tuesday, in of itself, wasn't all that bad -- busy, yes, but not bad. At least up until the last half hour when Eavesdropping kicked in and I heard our boss saying it's likely the company will be laying off someone in our writing group. Now, there's lots of scuttlebutt on the upcoming layoff -- due in April, at least 100 people to be affected. But I do know who the low man on the totem pole is at RWMC, so I'm not holding my breath. Continuing with my life theory of optimistic pessimism, I will:
  • Continue doing the best job I can for my current employer
  • Count on getting laid off in April, thus the job search begins now
  • If the anticipated layoff does not occur, then, frabjous day, I still have a job, and maybe a prospect for something better.

As it is now, I prefer the third option, in that I get to keep the job. I don't want to have to look for another one. I like this one quite well. But then again, you have to look at the wisdom of Homer Simpson:

"Why do things that happen to stupid people happen to me?"

No comments: