Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sooooooper Tuesday

For those of you not residing on Planet America, this is Super Tuesday. Which means people in, what, 24 states, are going to the polls to decide which of the goobers running for their respective political party primaries will square off against the winning goober from the opposing party in the upcoming November elections. I will admit I have my favorite: Mitt Romney. Why is he my favorite? Can't say it s his stand on the issues, because I'm not really sure where any of them stand. Is it because of his business background? Maybe. With our economy tanking, I'm not sure it's a winning thing to send a Vietnam vet foreign policy hawk into the White House, nor anyone from the Democratic Party, who, let's face it, are nice enough people but don't feel I'm paying enough in taxes. I think I like the fact that, underneath all the media glitter, he's just like a dorky uncle who probably knows a lot about business and finance but has lost complete contact with the modern, swinging American social scene. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.


If he wins Super Tuesday, I will, personally and in front of this blogging audience, kiss my dachshund full on the lips after she's sniffed around in some unvacuumed corners. But I'm not counting on it. The vet will win, and we'll have some other tempter-tantrum prone flag-waver heading towards the White House.


The soundest political strategy thusfar: Vote for Google Ron Paul. He's not going to win anyway. And we'll have someone with a weird first name in the White House.

2 comments:

martin said...

The strange thing is, that there are a few people who might just make their choice on Romney based on his beliefs about other things, which is a bit of a shame really. Others will think he's a better choice than McCain.
Other's might considering Mormon versus vet irrelevant, and decide to pay some more taxes, to get a lot more back, in the interests of everyone. Be great wouldn't it if you could visit your doctor, regardless of whether you were rich or poor, employed or unemployed, and not have to pay a single cent. Strangely, in Europe, where the wealth gap is smaller, and the health-care, a right of all people, is free, only the really rich worry about taxes. No taxation without representation is good. No representation for some becuase a large number people won't pay small extra taxes, for the sake of themselves and a civilized society is bad. People should see taxation as a public duty to their country, not something that their country steals from them. In return, they should hold their government responsible if those taxes are used to fund things like - well war for example, which is, I guess where a lot of taxes will go if republicans get in. Strange that. You pay less tax, but you get even less benefit, as it's all been spent on M16's. Instead of healthcare, and all the social infrastructure other countries take for granted. If you want a big piece of land with 250 individuals on it, none of them wanting to pay for their neighbour, you can call that land America, but you still don't have a country.

I guess that's what you were trying to say, or did I misinterpret it :)

Keep the faith, fly the flag, and pay the money to afford the flagpole. That's my motto. Well - it would be. But Europe doesn't do flags. We've had too many wars because of them. We spend the taxes that paid for the flags, and put it into buying penicillin. It's not always efficient, but M16's aren't that great either.
Dump the Mormon and the mad vet. Or is it the vet and the mad Mormon. I really can't tell the difference these days.
I want. No - I demand - a Cynics Party! I just can't be bothered to form one. It'd be useless and why bother?

Maaike said...

I'm tellin' my Momma that I'm votin' for Obama!!

Democrats ROCK!!