Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Negative Vibe Merchant

It's been a bit of a downer lately, visiting this blog and boo-hooing about everything in the whole world being a complete and utter drag. So I thought I'd have some fun today:
  • A few weeks ago, I found a book on constellations at the thrift store and bought it with my eight-year-old son in mind. He loves it. He drags us outside to see the stars. He's drawn his own constellations. He knows more about them than I do. And the book, by H.A. Rey (yes, of Curious George fame, that's what attracted me to the book in the first place) is well done.
  • March came in like a lion, with wind and snow. Maybe she'll leave like a lamb.
  • Martin, our friend in England, now has me addicted to "News Quiz," on BBC 4. I get a nice chuckle every week, even if I don't quite understand what's going on.
  • Spring Break is coming up next week. Though that doesn't mean much for people like me in an entirely online program, it does mean an extra week to complete the assignment started this week, which is nice.
  • Although it was 6 degrees this morning when I boarded the bus, at least it wasn't 20 below.
  • The kids -- and Moki, the weenie dog -- are still happy to see me when I come home. Michelle is, too, of course, but she doesn't come running to the stairs shouting (or barking) as the others do.
  • I still have a job.
  • Count your many blessings, one, two, now I'm done. Count your many blessings . . . wait, what was No. 1?

Not bad for a Gloomy Gus like me. Except that the space bar on my computer is suddenly sticking. Knew there was a jinx.

1 comment:

Maaike said...

Flairs are coming back! I read it in my horoscope!!