Friday, December 22, 2017

2017: A Look Back

Oh, 2017. We all thought 2016 was the train wreck to end all train wrecks, but there were times, 2017, you looked back at 2016 and said “Hold my beer.”

But you weren’t all that bad. Let’s take a look:

JANUARY

I shared a delightful poem from Ogden Nash, written also from trying times.

I wrote what has now (inexplicably) become this blog’s mostpopular post by number of views.

FEBRUARY

I started a new job. Well, stayed at my old job, actually. But with a new employer. Hey, don’t try to understand it; government is involved. And I had many an adventure getting my new ID badge.

MARCH

I wrote the second- and fifth-most popular posts on this blog.

I also posted a Star Wars/Pee Wee Herman mashup video that did not get near enough love.

APRIL

My credit card information got stolen.

Yet I found wisdom in the form of Jimmy James.

MAY

I deconstructed a rational childhood fear: Alum.

JUNE

I remembered getting lost.

JULY

I remembered finding myself again.

AUGUST


SEPTEMBER

I read a book that taught me a lot about why it’s important to get to know people.

OCTOBER

I was released from my Scoutmaster calling.

NOVEMBER

We finished cleaning out Mom’s house the night we sold it, and the fire department came.

DECEMBER

I hit my 10-year blogging anniversary.

Take that, Karl Marx.

No comments: