Monday, April 6, 2020

"Is this the Krusty Krab?"



Weird day, truth be told.

Started at about 3 am when the rain, pounding on the roof, woke me up. Then again at 6, when the alarm went off. Lounged in bed for a few minutes, but then Michelle and I were off to Home Depot and Walmart for another early-morning anti-virus run. We picked up electrical and plumbing stuff for the bathroom, and then spent three hundred dollars -- don't ask me how -- on food.

Still can't fathom how we did that. That's a lot of money.

Anyway. I started working on the bathroom again. Had to go backwards a bit, taking down some of the Wonderboard so I could run some electrical wire behind it for a heater we're putting in. But round about noon, that got interrupted by a call from work -- they finally had my Mobikey working so I could start working from home.

Getting the key was a bit of a cluster. There were a few people waiting, and of course I forgot to bring my bag in which I've hidden my passwords, so they had to re-do the one they needed me to use to log in. But log in I did. Then I got home, spent an hour updating the key and got to work about 2 pm. Worked through until 5:30. It's not like there's a lot of work out there, but remoting into my desktop at RWMC was S-L-O-W. Took more than an hour, for example, to update one section of one procedure. I had three more to do, and I got through only two of them, and that's just the editing, not getting them out for review. So on to that tomorrow.

Does it feel good to be back to work? In a way, yes. I want them to realize they still need me. But I wouldn't have said no to additional free time to work on the bathroom. And then I have a class to button up for this time next week. So I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

What news?

The church on Sunday issued a new proclamation on the restoration of the gospel. Which is nicer than a monument, one of the ideas President Nelson said had been bandied about. We've been asked to fast again, this time on Good Friday, to plead for health and economic stability. We can do that.

Also today, the state school board announced they plan to keep schools closed through the end of the school year, unless local conditions -- which they haven't set yet -- warrant re-opening them. Me, I'm doubtful we'll see schools re-opening in the cities. Maybe in the more sparsely-populated areas.

Some good news: I got around the one tricky corner with my electrical wire, so only one more bit to go and the wire's roughed in and I'm a happy little man. That means, after a bit more carpentry, I can finally put the Wonderboard back up and get it sealed before I start the tiling job. And when the tiling comes in, that means the END IS COMING. Of the remodel. Not of everything else.

So this is not the Krusty Krab. And I am not Patrick. But I'm feeling accomplished today.

No comments: