Friday, April 17, 2020

Tile Going Up



So up goes the tile. And as happens with these kinds of projects, it's expanding. We decided that the half wall of tile behind the sink is going to extend behind the toilet as well. Shouldn't be a problem, as I followed the Barney Gumble Theory of Buying Tile:

After that case, the the other case, there's only NINE CASES LEFT. So I bought them all.

Changes in plan means I get to go to Home Depot again in the morning. Going to buy some more of the accent tile and some beveled edges. I was going to do trim edges, but Michelle decided she liked the beveled edge look better. I don't blame her.

I'm just glad it's finally to this point. Had so many delays and other little surprises with this project I never thought I'd get to the point of putting tile up. I just hope it's all still stuck to the wall in the morning.

Should be able to finish with the tile tomorrow, and maybe grout it on Monday. That doesn't do the floor, but that's coming next. Good thing is the floor in the room is so small it should be pretty easy to get it done. I already have one piece of Wonderboard, so one more will do it.

It wore me out, though. When we moved into this house seven or so years ago, I was digging trenches for a sprinkler system. I'm glad I"m not doing that now. I've aged a bit since then and digging trenches doesn't sound any fun at all now.

No comments: