Monday, April 13, 2020

SEND HELP


So here we are, entering the third week of the stay-at home order. It's supposed to expire on Wednesday. We'll see what happens (and whether I'm off on the date; it's getting hard to tell).

Last week, worked for almost half-time. Today, worked only an hour. Document reviewing is spotty as I'm not sure who's working and who has access and who is just hiding in the woods, hoping to avoid everything as the virus burns itself out.

I'm a little tired of it all.

One ray of sunlight: My class is almost over. Seven papers to grade and I can turn in my grades and be done with teaching until next week. That hardly seems fair. I'm ready for that summer, seven-week break from it.

I'm trying to hold it together. But it's tough. Since I'm home a lot, that means a lot of stuff I'm trying to do at home. That bathroom remodel, for example. I'm still in the reconstruction phase. Finally did get the new heater put in last weekend and managed not to burn the house down doing it. And I'm close to the point I can start putting tile on, to see an end to the job. But not tomorrow. I've got to seal and waterproof things first. But I've got to get done with my class first. I don't need all this happening at once.

Another bright spot: Held our third virtual Scout meeting today. Next week, we'll finish up the Family Life merit badge for all but one Scout, and that's great. We'll also try to do a board of review for our newest Second Class Scout, and we're planning a virtual campout for that following weekend.

But I'm tired. I need a little break from the house. But sneaking out is harder now.

No comments: