Thursday, September 29, 2022

HIGH ANXIETY

Work anxiety tends to manifest in my dreams, which manifest in the same way: I'm back working at the newspaper, a sham of a worker, hiding in the bureaucracy yet still hoping to get paid.

Last night's dream was kind of a gut punch, though. I was at my desk, located in a spot about big enough for a filing cabinet next to the bathrooms that were seeing a lot of activity. A bevy of schoolchildren arrived as I was sneaking out of the door with blankets they had made, and wanted to be featured in the newspaper. I turned around to go back into the building to grab a camera and the building had disappeared. As the children milled excitedly on the sidewalk, using their blankets as capes and parachutes and such, I nervously scanned the buildings but could not find the newspaper.

End of dream.

It woke me up and I lay there in the dark, pondering the location of the building. Wasn't until a few hours later I realized I'd emerged on a different street, but I can't discount the building just up an disappearing on me once I found my way out.

I don't know what any of this means, but I'm glad to have a weekend coming up that might help me relax a bit.



No comments: