Tuesday, February 14, 2023

My Computer is Sick. And, Also, Will Never Love Me.


So my computer is sick.

It's been sick for quite a while, if I'm honest. A few years back, it got a few Windows updates stuck in its craw As far as I could tell, some updates made it through, but it kept going back to these other updates like old friends, always asking, but never succeeding in getting them done.

I did what any other run-of-the-mill slob would do in such situations: I would occasionally and half-heartedly try to fix things, going to the Internet to see what could be done to make things better. I tried several things, from the idiot (trying and trying again to get the updates to install, neglecting to remember that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is a sign of insanity. I also tried recovery points, reinstalling Windows completely, etc. But nothing worked.

So now my computer's in the hands of a friend who has promised to try his best. I hope he can figure out what's going on, because I'd like my computer back. It's taken me a week to finally get this post done via my laptop, because I had to sort through all of my kids' Google accounts in order to get signed in.

I did manage to get everything saved on my desktop to an external hard drive, in case the nuclear option has to be taken. Hoping to her from him soon.

No comments: