Friday, February 17, 2023

Snow Day

 


This is where I started today. We got a justifiable nastygram from the postman, asking us to clear some snow away from the mailbox so he or she can get to it without leaving their vehicle.

And as this is snow the city has plowed off the streets, it wasn't easy. I had to use an axe to chop everything up so I could scoop it out of the way.

Midway this is how things looked from the porch. We have a lot of snow.

And the end product:


Apparently it was enough. The mailman came as Isaac was coming home. They exchanged pleasantries, and he delivered our mail.

I also got the front sidewalks cleaned viz:

Well, almost clean. I should go out and fix that little swoop on the streetside, but I've got a good case of the noodle arms right now.

Tomorrow, I get the roof rake out and clean the garage roof off. Good news is I won't have to shovel all of that twice.

They ask us to keep the sidewalks clean "for the children," and to be fair, we do get a good amount of foot traffic from the elementary school and random walkers and joggers. But based on where all the little footyprints are in the snow, I know most of the little kids won't be walking where I've cleared. Here's a facsimile, with the red lines indicating where normal people (dog walkers, adults, serial killers, etc.) and the blue line showing where the kids have walked and will walk.



No comments: