Saturday, September 16, 2023

It's Done

 


Finishing today, that was the goal.

To do that, I had to call in the heavy guns: My wife Michelle, who spent her summer at the COPE and climbing tower at Island Park Scout Camp and thus is more inured to rickety ladders and heights than I am and was the one who went to the top of the second floor so we could FINISH THE FREAKING SIDING TODAY.

It's a good feeling.

I don't know that I enjoyed every aspect of this project, but it has been satisfying to do it, and seeing it done is even a better satisfaction.

All that's left is to clean up the horrendous mess in the backyard from today's discards, get all the discards hauled off, and then figure out how to store the bits of siding I have left because that's traditionally what you do with the leftover stuff. I have a few shelves in the garage where I think it'll hide nicely.

This also means if I can get everything cleaned up I'll have an easier time parking my own car in the garage this winter.

No comments: