Saturday, September 16, 2023

Way Too Late at the Movies: Transylvania 6-5000

 As I do, as I began spooling this movie yesterday (one that has been on and off my radar for decades) I went to IMDB so I could identify obscoure actors and read trivia and other matter about the film.

This entry has an interesting bit of info: The movie was financed by Dow Chemical Company to spend some money that was frozen and could only be spent in Yugoslavia.

So the film was filmed in Yugo -- though about 98 percent of it feels like it was filmed on a studio backlot.

Verdict? Dow Chemical would have been better off just giving that money to the commies.

Yes, it was bad.

It had a cavalcade of 80s stars: Jeffrey Jones, Geena Davis, Jeff Goldblum and a few others. Oh yeah, Ed Begley, Jr. Which means, obligatory:


There were a few highlights:

1. Watching Michael Richards get his head squashed in a sliding portrait in the hotel wall:


2. Watching the fight wherein John Byner was used as the weapon was pretty funny.

They kept referring back to this song because, obligatory I guess.

So now I've seen it. Don't have to see it again.


No comments: