Friday, October 6, 2023

Stop Claiming, Start Explaining


Help me understand something here.

I've seen a few posts similar to this one, with random people who are spiritualists or spiritualist-adjacent promising people financial blessings, or a new house, or a new car, or a new whatever, simply by "Claim[ing] it now."

They contain the typical "Get-rich-by-wishing-it" tropes of photoshooped piles of money, bros with watches, even more photoshooped money, and the like.

Here's what I don't understand: Many of them, like this one, features ramen noodles, specifically this chicken ramen packet.

Why, I ask.

I've asked that on a few of the posts (do not recommend; your feed becomes flooded with similar posts) and no one has answered the question. They're too busy "claiming it," or so it seems.

I'm used to culture leaving me behind, but there are times the culture needs to pause for a moment and explain itself.

No comments: