Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Should Have Stood in Bed. . .

Welcome to the Second Monday of the week.

Yesterday was a Monday in all respects. Started off with a snowstorm that blew through the night before, closing the highway I typically use to get to work. Because work still has to be done even though the roads are closed, we all went to work. We ride the bus, which is great. We went through Mud Lake via Idaho Falls that morning, meaning THREE HOURS on the bus, or about 120 miles. Got to work an hour late, which is no big deal, since everyone was late. Then at 9 am, one hour after we arrived, they send the announcement: They're sending us home. We're on the buses shortly before 10 am. THREE AND A HALF HOURS LATER, I'm home. And that doesn't mean home snuggled in front of the wood stove with a book. It means at home replenishing the wood supply and putting up Valentines Day LIGHTS on the front of the house. That's the kind of thing you get to do when you're married. . .

But getting off for the afternoon was good, since I had to go into town to Walgreens to have them re-take some passport photos, which the passport office rejected because they were too blurry. I worried about that at the time, but I figured, well, I always look like a water buffalo in those pictures, so why not a blurry one?

I have no real news or thoughts for this day. I'm not feeling well. I should have stood in bed.

No comments: