Monday, January 14, 2008

Site Mascot II

So, one vote against Cutty the Pig, whom I've decided to re-christen Le Porc Qui Se Coupe, although the "La Vache Qui Rit" people might get a little mad at me.

We can, by the way, now purchase "La Vache Qui Rit" at WinCo. It's kind of weird to se it sitting there, innocently among the other cheeses. I keep waiting to see a "Pere Clement" camembert appear there as well. But alas, not yet. . .

Maybe, in fitting with my know-it-all personality, I could use the site theme -- it's not really a mascot in this case -- gleaned from this photo:



Yes, you Engrish.com people get your due credit, so get off my back.

Know beans. We say often that we don't know beans. So if we know, do we know beans? I think so.

The drama of the weekend continues, fueled by a project director who got 2 hours of sleep in the 48 hours leading up to the crisis. If you think that lack of sleep compounded the crisis, you're absolutely right. But now that we're into the work week when the crisis has to be put on the backburner because we're working the jobs that pay for the time off we use to work the other job which is inciting all the crises in the form of meetings, things are cooling off. Not that anyone but me would understand all that, since we're still sworn to secrecy under pain of, well, possibly thumbscrews.

I'm drinking a Pepsi right now. Non-diet. Don't usually do that, but I needed one this morning. Reminds me that Dad used to drink a lot of Pepsi and once told me and my younger brother that drinking Pepsi was like having an angel pee on your tongue. I'm not sure that would be a successful advertising slogan.

We have our reorg boots on at work. A big bunch of big men from Test Area North are marching their way quickly towards RWMC, bringing their assoretd hangers-on and making a lot of people here quake in their shoes. Everyone tells us our technical writing department is safe. Which scares the hell out of us, because whenever anyone tells us we're safe, we know we're doomed. We've already got one casualty -- Art, our Beloved Leader, is now heading to INTEC to become lead tech writer there. He's being replaced here by Danny, who got hired on after me as a tech writer at INTEC. I have mixed feelings. Not that I want the job. I've seen what the job entials, and I don't want to get involved in that (deleted). I've decided long ago that I'm very happy as an underpaid minion, scuttling around trying to keep my job, rather than working on a higher profile where the money, yeah, is better, but the demands do not fit my scuttling personality. I am a true, living example of the Peter Principle (which states that people generally rise to the level of their incompetence). (If you've never read that book, by the way, I recommend it. There is a lot of hilarity in truth.)

You have to expect this kind of thing when you work for a company whose initials are ICP. There are the ordinary urinary inferences, of course, but the preferred alteration of the meaning of this acronym is Insane Clown Posse. I think it fits.

Maybe they could be the mascots. But I'm damn sure I couldn't get their endorsement. I'm more of the Weird Al "White and Nerdy" type.

No comments: