Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One of 'Those' Professors

He's a trickster. He has hidden questions he wants answered. If you're on the wrong track he consdescends.

I have one of those kinds of professors.

Whining about his behavior doesn't make me feel any better, because I still have to deal with it until the end of April, and, perhaps, beyond if I have to take other classes from him in the year I have left in this technical writing program. I don't mind that we're being asked to learn. That's why I'm pursuing a master's degree. But I have a hard time learning when it's couched in a taco shell of smugness. But I will triumph. Now that I recognize the behavior in question, I am prepared to jump through his professorial hoops in order to get a decent grade in the class. I am, after all, an experienced student and a government employee. I will jump through the ring of fire, the ring of ice and over the dog doo stick, and win again.

This is Day Two of the Blistering Freeze we're in here in Idaho. School is again cancelled for the day, though it was only 14 below zero this morning. They never cancel work, of course. Even when our bus broke down on the way out this morning, they did not cancel work. They just sent us a new bus. Not that I mind. I'd rather be here, earning that paycheck, than at home right now, dealing with three kids -- no, five, because Michelle is babysitting two for the morning. Or so I assume, what with school cancelled and all. Now, I love my kids. But two days of indoor play has made them a bit cabin-feverish, and that never bodes well. Especially since the three-year-old gets bored and beats up the seven-year-old, who of course can never fight back and only complains about his poor treatment. At least Lexie is happy, likely drawing more pictures of herself as a ballerina.

No comments: