Saturday, July 21, 2018

Again, What It's Like Being Me

Spent nearly five hours weeding the garden this morning*. Dogs protected me from the following:

1. Conner Turpin mowing the lawn next door.
2. Other dogs barking in the distance.
3. Evil presence left by the big dogs next door who occasionally stick their noses through knotholes in the fence.
4. The weeds I was weeding.
5. The weeds I had already weeded.
6. Bees in the raspberries.
7. Raspberries.
8. Random oxygen molecules.
9. Raindrops.
10. The absence of raindrops.
11. The sudden explosion of a soft dirt clod on the fence near where they were barking at the aforementioned evil presence.
12. Random car door slams.
13. Imaginary random car door slams.

And so on. I felt *so* protected.

*Yes, five hours weeding. Never said I was a good gardener.

Also shot myself in the hinders with a stream of cold water as I was trying to fix a garden sprinkler line.

But this is what you do when the string of 15 days with temperatures above 90 degrees is suddenly broken by light rain and temperatures in only the mid 70s.


And I was off on the temperatures . . .  No wonder it felt so pleasant.

No comments: