Sunday, July 15, 2018

Dear Maverik

Dear Maverik,

At this point I just want to say this: Let my Maverik Trail Points expire.

I have 106.2 of them. In what amounts they're doled out is mysterious, given I have two tenths of a point in my little Maverik piggy bank.

Another great mystery: How to redeem them.

This is a good facsimile of the emails I get from y'all on a regular basis:


Every time I get one of these emails, I'm snookered.

Snookered into going to maverik.com to check out the cool things I can buy or win when I spend my Trail Points.

I'm an old-fashioned guy, who grew up on Boys Life and comic books with the "Sell Crap for Crappy Prizes" adverts in them, so that's kinda what I envision when I go to your website. I'm always disappointed. Because what I always see are the deals on Monster drinks or your iffy sandwiches. So by going to Maverik.com I get to see the same stuff I see advertised in your store.

I typically don't want those deals.

And when I use my Maverik card to buy gas, I like that. Sometimes y'all offer me a free fountain drink. I like that too.

But if you want me to go to Maverik.com to check out these awesome bargains, can you maybe have a little category on your website that says, a la Sell Crap to Win Crappy Prizes, that shows exactly what I can spend these valuable points on?

And if you want to flog your app, maybe you ought to make one for Android. Cause I ain't seein' one.

So let my Trail Points expire. I only use the card to get discounted gasoline anyway.

And your spokesbeing, I still think he's a reptilian.


No comments: