Friday, July 13, 2018

No Disintegrations -- A Further Follow-Up

So over the past few weeks, I've been able to make some progress that I actually feel good about. Here goes:

MAIN FLOOR TILE. Need to tile bathroom and foyer closet, and grout laundry room. Fix soft spots in the kitchen.

UPDATE: The bathroom is tiled and grouted, and the grouting is done in the laundry room. I had to fix one tile in the bathroom that came up soft when a screw backed out of the floor. Tomorrow the goal is to finish cleaning the floor, paint the walls, and re-install the toilet, thus finishing the bathroom. I'm not sure I'll be able to get all of that done, but I'll sure give it a shot.

ROOF. Finish ridge cap on the upper portion of the roof and replace shingles on the porch and kitchen window pop-out. Also haul off the discarded shingles. Yesterday’s gullywasher also reminded me I need to clean those gutters out. Maybe if it’s not raining this evening . . .

UPDATE: The only bit of roof left to do is gutter cleaning on the lower portion of the house and the kitchen pop-out. I'm going to try to recruit kids when they get home from camp tomorrow to at least help me get the extra shingles and ladder off the roof. Any cleaning of the gutters tomorrow will be a bonus, but I don't have high hopes that'll get done.

It's a relief to have the shingles done -- well, almost. But we're to the point now if I couldn't get the pop-out done, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Getting the shingles done this summer is a significant achievement.

So too is finishing the laundry room and bathroom. Finishing that up will be top priority tomorrow. Getting the grouting done today is a significant step.

No comments: