Monday, August 22, 2022

Finally, A Bit of Space

You may not be able to tell by looking at this photo, but I suddenly have more space to work with in the study.


Lexie left again for more school in Pocatello. She and Sam are staying in a campus apartment which meant, of course, they needed furniture. So I was quick to offer up the rocking chair that used to occupy this space in the study. (You'd think that meant a bedroom has been freed up, but we still keep that open for her and it's full of her stuff anyway, so there's no good wishing on that one yet.)

I still have no shortage of stuff in the study, to be sure. The treadmill is still there, as is the huge tub of denim destined to be turned into quilts. But with the rocker gone, empty space is once again winning in the room.

Don't have enough room on the shelves for the books -- that's an ongoing battle I may never win. But I do have more space in the closet to hang a few more shelves, and more importantly I can actually get to the bookshelves to maybe work on putting a few things away now. I won't be able to add too much more space, but it might be enough to get a few more books in there and more importantly not cover up the ones in the corners.


No comments: