Sunday, August 28, 2022

Where are Moose und Svirrel?

For the first time in my life, and practically in my own back yard, I saw a flying squirrel.

We were camping with our Venture crew at Little Lemhi when we spotted it perched on one of our ropes.

I had no idea they lived in East Idaho, but apparently they do.

Michelle gets credit for the photo.


Seeing a critter in the wild is a neat thing. It was clear the squirrel wasn't bothered by us looking at it, which we did for about five minutes before it figured there was nothing to eat nearby. I imagine it came by later and found some of the potato bits we dropped on the ground as we were cooking dinner.

And I had no idea flying squirrels were native to Idaho, but apparently they are, giving us one of the largest ranges of the northern flying squirrel in the lower 48 states, per Wikipedia.


We have also seen moose in this area, which can mean only one thing:



No comments: