Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Snow is A Relative Thing, I Guess


The winter of 2022/23 was pretty intense. It started early, snow piled up to the rafters and it left late.

We got 79 inches of snow last year.

This year's been a bit different. Oh, we've had snow, but as late as the last week of February, the ground was bare.

Then came March. As of now, I don't know how much snow we've got in the back yard, but they're telling me sofar we've gotten 51 inches. It feels like a lot less for some reason, but there we are.

Dogs were real happy the last week of February with no snow on the ground. Now, they're just depressed and want to piddle in the downstairs bathroom. At least their hearts (and bladders) are in the right place.

Tonight, we had to shovel snow off the roofs of the camper and the utility trailer. It was heavy stuff; I hope the camper isn't damaged, but I do have to get in there this spring and re-do things. Not going to be fun.

No comments: