Friday, March 29, 2024

Today . . .

Thinking about my sister Marina, who likely will pass in the next day or so.


When I was a kid, she'd play her guitar and sing songs. Many years later I listened to an album of the Christy Minstrels and heard all those songs again. They always remind me of her.

Her husband says this of her:

I'm not much of a singer, but I stood by her bed tonight and sang "How Great Thou Art" to her. She always sang it so beautifully. I told her a long time ago that when it came to voices, she was Cinderella, and I was an ugly stepsister. She just laughed. The first time I met her, she played her guitar and sang for me. I went home that night and wrote in my journal that she had a deep, low river of a voice.

Another sister says this song reminder her of Marina:


She will live in song.

No comments: