Monday, August 8, 2011

Healthcare Update III

So we’re back in the world of people only moderately pissed off at their health insurance provider.

That’s significant. And I think it gives Regence BlueSheild credit that, with only one premium paid, we’re only in the “moderately pissed off” category. At least we can go do a certain, fixed (small) number of wellness checks a year now and only have to pay $35 a pop for them. That’s solidly got us in the moderately category. For now. Until we decide that their definition of a wellness check doesn’t match reality’s. But, naïve folk that we are, we’re willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

You’ll recall in past posts I’ve lamented about the state of healthcare in our nation. I’ll not weary you with a recap, but provide a link here.

In case you’re curious, I never did hear back from our congressmen on the questions I wrote them concerning health care, aside from the boilerplate messages I received from them. They’ve moved on, protecting us from the dragon that is the national debt, which, obviously, wasn’t nearly as scary as when there was a Republican president in office shoveling money into the rathole. Didn’t expect to hear back from them, but you know, me voting them into office and all, it would have been nice. (Yeah, I know they’re busy. But this is exactly why I don’t make political contributions, hang up on pollsters, and otherwise do what I can to avoid shaking hands with politicians, because they only want to talk with me when it’s time to vote again. Other than that, they’re too busy.)

So we’ll see how Regence BlueShield works for us. First wellness visit comes Tuesday.

No comments: