Tuesday, September 29, 2026

A Little Catch-Up, A Little Hypocrisy

First, the catch-up, to keep order in things:

Every year at work, they scramble to have their seasonal facility plans in place by October 1. As with most years, it's put off to the last minute.

I was handed one last week, late last week, and it needed a major edit and absolutely had to be done on the 29th. It had been revised a year ago, and how it avoided the rewrite it badly needed then is a mystery for the ages.

I had the major edit and the revised document reviewed and complete on the 28th.

Thanks from the customer. But not from anyone else.

Not that I go fishing for praise. But it is nice to get once in a while.

Next, the hypocrisy.

I'll keep this vague. But I was called out - rightly - for some snotty behavior. No matter that said behavior coming the opposite way a week or so prior was overlooked.

Saw this in the wild:

"I believe everyone deserves forgiveness." [Goes on to immediately list a long list of people who, in the mind of the OP, do *not* deserve forgiveness.]

This is the world we live in. Motes and beams abound.

I'm working harder to keep my mouth shut.



No comments: