And I look at the calendar: Ten years. Maybe 8 or 9 years. But it seems like forever.
I guess there is some good news. We owe less than $40,000 on the house; $38,744 and some pennies if you want something more exact. We owe about $12,000 on a Honda Ridgeline, and aside from that, just incidental credit card debt. Only one of our three kids is living with us at the moment, and he's so low maintenance it's hardly noticeable.
So we could be in worse shape. Nevertheless, I feel a Violet Beauregarde song coming on:
I'm tired of being beholden to a boss.
I used to work for the weekends. Now I live for them, and the longer I can make them last, the better.
I was sick a few weeks ago and took two days off work. That, combined with the four-day Labor Day weekend felt like V-E Day. And we're headed into the holiday season, which means some more time off and the perennial favorite: Seasonal depression, which I sense is starting a bit early this year if my attention span and desire to do much of anything is any indication.
Could potentially be a long eight or nine years . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment