Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm Famous! On The Internet. Which Means Nothing.

It's entirely juvenile, but I'm proud to say I finally got a submission approved at fark.com. Monday, Dec. 8, will be a day I long remember when I recall the posting of this link to this funny news agglomerator:

"Obama talks, stocks up 300 points." Wait 'til he farts. (In the screen grab here, it's the first one down with the CNN logo.)

I did mention it's juvenile, right? Should I be proud that I've connected with the juvenile Internet meme? Probably not. But for all those people who have tried 60, 70, 100 times without getting a submission accepted, I can go even further down the juvenile path: Neener neener. This was but my fourth submission.

Fark.com for the uninitiated, by the way, is a place where people go to post eye-rolling examples of the "best" in journalism, society, commentary, technology, and whatnot. It's a great place to visit.

No comments: