Sunday, December 6, 2009

Song Watch, Checking In

I haven't done much by way of the 2009 Christmas Song Watch, but I do have this to report:
  • The song Christmas Shoes is as treacly this year as in years past.
  • Elvis has a song out there -- I can't remember which one; I may have successfully blocked it from my memory -- that definitely would have gotten him kicked off American Idol.
  • Johnny Mathis has recorded many, many Christmas songs.
  • It's either Mannheim Steamroller or the Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- likely the latter -- who have a heavy-metal version of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite that is likely making the man spin in his grave, and he didn't much like the music in its original form.
  • Eartha Kitt sings the best version of Santa Baby, though the song is still eternally annoying.

No comments: