Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Song Watch 2009 Comes to A Close

Yes, if you're thinking the same thing reading this post, it was a light year for Christmas Song Watch. The biggest part of it is that there's no longer a radio at work blaring out the Christmas songs, so I wasn't exposed to as many this year.

I did, however, threaten to stuff a sock into my five-year-old's mouth today at Wal-Mart (yes, all you folks who love to go to Wally World to watch parents abuse their children, 'twas me) because he kept singing a novelty Christmas song from either "Merry Madagascar" or the other similarly-themed movie featuring the penguins. Aside from the bone I have to pick about these stupid animals being all newyork on us all over the place, the song was just stupid. So stupid, in fact, it's probably on YouTube. Be bac in a sec.

Ugh. It's probably there somewhere, but I'm not going to look for it any more.

Yeah, I'm sure I sang a novelty song or two when I was a kid, but they seem to have proliferated these days. Get off my lawn.

No comments: