Friday, October 8, 2010

Back Into the Purse of Tyranny


Come to think about it, I'm sure there's someone out there on the Internet doing something wrong. And it's absolutely certain that there's someone out there who is doing something so contemptuously wrong in a political sense that there are masses arriving with torches in order to correct his or her point of view.

But just you try to fix it -- especially with a full-bore linear I'm right and you're soooo absolutely wrong approach -- and you're going to be stuffed back into the virtual purse of tyranny and find your victory is Phyrric at best.

I guess what I'm getting at here is that I don't understand people who are one-issue people. Be it abortion or gay rights or moral rights or democratic this or republican that, get too hung up on one issue at the expense of everything else and I'm going to ignore you. And not because your point of view isn't valid, but because your rhetorical approach is akin to Jeremy claiming he doesn't have to clean up his own mess because he discovered a mess belonging to his oppressor. Talk with me. Reason with me. But don't automatically assume that I'm going to agree with you because you're being loud.

No comments: