Friday, December 31, 2010

Character Chart


Here's the completed -- well, chicken-scratched -- character chart for "Considering How to Run." It's a lot more complicated than I thought, and it's just here in simple form.

What is this, you may ask?

Well, it's a list of every named character in my book (two don't have names, but their significance is noted anyway, since they're central to the story). I wrote this up first of all to remind myself of the names I used, and secondly to see if I was using them consistently, which I am not. It's part of the editing process also that helps me visualize where and when I'm featuring the characters I've created. The difference in ink color is merely coincidental, it just shows where I lost my red pen and reverted to black. The ink pattern did break, however, at the point that my characters shift from one location to another, so it's interesting to see how many characters I created in both places.

No comments: