Friday, December 31, 2010

FrOzen

What winter blood I had acquired between the early snows of November and now, I have completely lost.

Of course, it doesn't help that we're home now from a vacation to Yuma, Arizona, where it was warm enough to let us go swimming on Christmas Day. Two days. We were there just two days ago, bobbing in the pool. Tonight we got home and had to shovel six inches of snow out of the driveway, start a fire in the fireplace down stairs and look forward to temperatures of eight below zero (without the wind chill) tomorrow morning.

Boo hoo. I know. But you know what, the warm weather was nice when it lasted. Too bad we had to drive home to crud. I need a winter job in Yuma and a summer job in Idaho. That would be ideal, except for the juggling of two households and such. Maybe, like the guy in "Red October," I need two wives.

No comments: