Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Adios, Nuclear Placement Services

You know you work for the government when your job stays exactly the same but the company that sends you your paycheck changes.

That’s what’s happening to me at the moment. As of Friday, I no longer work for Nuclear Placement Services, the company that has employed me for the past 5 ½ years. From then on until I get laid off, fired, or find another job, I’m officially an employee of North Wind, Inc.

What’s going on, you may ask? Well, the guy who runs NPS is retiring, and apparently decided to fold the business rather than try to sell it. We found out about that just about a week and a half ago. So it’s been kind of a scurry these past few weeks, trying to find a good fit with another company. Making the choice is kind of fraught with personal peril into which I won’t go. There are wrinkles and hiccups with any company I could have chosen.

At least I still have a job. I’m glad of that.

No comments: