Friday, September 30, 2011

Chickening Out

So I wrote a few days ago about finding a new book around which I could construct a blog.

I'm backing away from that book.

Why? Well, a few reasons. First of all, the author is still actively selling the book. That tells me it's still popular enough that she'll be engaged in constant vigilance against future attacks, following the example of W.A. Thornhump.

So, what are the other possibilities?

Oddly enough, I've tinkered with a blog about Richard Milhous Nixon, of all people. He's a fascinating individual, and not just because of that film Oliver Stone made about him. Also, because of things like this:


I've read a number of books about the man and have several more to go in the collection. But the scope of such a blog seems limited and a bit outside my more flighty approaches thusfar. So I will continue to think. And search for a new subject.

No comments: