Monday, September 19, 2011

I Hate Waiting


Some moron scheduled a drill for 2 pm today out at work.

I don’t mind the drills. I’ve been doing them for years and they’re not all that bad. Frustrating, but over fairly quicly.

But why 2 pm, of all times? I hate waiting.

I am a very patient person when it comes to waiting for pleasant times to arrive. But those aggravating times, I’d much rather have them over with as soon as possible. Ordinarily, the drills are schedule for the am, so to have this drill in the pm just boggles the mind. And makes me wait. I hate that. I’d much rather get the unpleasant stuff over with, then move on.

Follow-up: Drill went well. We have another one on Wednesday, followed by the official graded drill on Oct. 19. Fortunately, given that it's a month away, it's far outside my anxiety sphere at the moment. I'll check back in when the date is closer.

No comments: