Thursday, January 12, 2012

Magic Santa Lice

When your wife calls up at 8:24 am and asks how itchy you feel, you know it’s not a good thing.

We have head lice in the house.

My only comforting thought is that they might be Magic Santa Lice, but again I’m not sure that’s what’s going on.

I anticipate seeing lots of short hair and mounds of laundry when I get home tonight*. I’m actually going to request a bald head because after she posed the question, I began itching like mad. Psychological reaction, I know, but still. Yuck.

We’ve been warned that the schools are rampant with lice. Having lice is not a reflection on the personal hygiene of our children or the cleanliness of our home; it’s just an unfortunate occurrence.

So, any advice out there from people who’ve gone down this path?

*Very true. My hair -- so far, lice free -- is now also only poking 3/8 of an inch out of my scalp. Kind of like the bad missionary haircut I had in Tours.




No comments: