Sunday, January 8, 2012

Older


I am, like El Guapo, getting older.

I turned 40 today. Not that 40's all that bad. Though our oldest son Liam pointed out that since the average life expectancy of a man in North America is 80, so my life "is half over." A good laugh, of course. And not something I'd ever thought much about.

Perhaps it's all downhill from here?


Naw.

I'm not that worried about my mortality - the effects of finding out about my slightly elevated cholesterol level having worn off. I am walking a lot, I am trying to watch what I eat (usually as I'm shoveling it in) and figure since I don't smoke, don't drink, don't kiss no women, I ought to last for a while longer. Trying to remind myself of the things Ezra Taft Benson spoke about in his famous "digging our graves with our teeth" speech.

No comments: