Sunday, June 30, 2024

A Simpsons Revelation

Having successfully watched all three episodes of Bluey thanks to our Disney+ subscription, I've started on something else: The Simpsons.

It's clear from the get-go that in season one, I've seen clips, but up until now not a full episode yet. Of course, this was back in 1987 where I didn't regularly watch TV (not that I do now) and there was literally no way of catching up on them if you didn't have cable, which we didn't.

I do remember the really long introduction -- I'm glad they cut it to a lean twenty minutes, like they did Krusty's Hobo Parade. It does, however, shof off Danny Elfman's theme for the show better.

And I have no memory of Homer in a striped shirt.

Also a revelation: A few blockbuster episodes in the first season, if I can say so: Aversion therapy with Dr. Marvin Monroe. Kwyjibo, Below Average Human/Intelligent beast. [Stands up yelling in church] It's good! It's good! IT'S GOOD! They started strong.

No comments: